CAIRO FESTIVAL CITY URBAN MOBILITY & TRANSPORT MASTER PLAN
CFC is already seeing multiple points of traffic congestion within the city that extend outside them as well. This project is set as a precaution to re-mediate the foreseen traffic congestion by introducing alternative transportation options within this urban community. This project aims at
- Creating a shuttle bus system as well as a bike-share system that would seamlessly integrate into the existing urban fabric.
- The introduced systems would be made available for visitors, employees and residences as more environmentally friendly alternatives to commute in the premise and consequently mitigate the reliance on cars.
- Prepare a comprehnisve transportation model for the city.
- Develop a comprehensive microsimulation model for the city.
- Design an intelligent traffic management system for the city.
- Develop a master plan for non-motorized transport system including bike sharing and shuttle bus system.
- Detailed design for all traffic management and non-motorized.